Wednesday, August 8, 2007

ShE iz A kwL SinGeR.....







Birth Name
Avril Ramona Lavigne

Nickname
Avie

Height
5' 2" (1.57 m)




Mini Biography

Avril Lavigne was born in Napanee, Ontario, Canada. On September 27th, 1984. At 16,. She dropped out of high school after 11th grade when she secured a record deal. When Avril was almost 18, she released "Complicated" from her debut album titled: "Let Go" Which went 6x platinum. A petite skater girl from a small town. Avril has shown she is independent, full of confidence and determination. A good combo to make "Complicated" and Avril a musical breakthrough. "Complicated" went to number #1 on Billboards Top 100.






* Received 5 Grammy nominations, including 1 for best new artist (2003).
* Won Favorite Female Singer at the 18th Annual Kid's Choice Awards [April 2005].



*Writes all of her own songs about her own personal experiences.

*One of her songs, "Losing Grip", is about an ex-boyfriend
*The song "Slipped Away" on her second album is about the death of her grandfather.




- She has a younger sister, Michelle and an older brother, Matthew.
- Avril taught herself the guitar at the age of 12.

- Favorite actor is Tobey Maguire and favorite actress is Sandra Bullock.
- Is a vegetarian.





Her Personal Quotes
"I liked being a minor because you can't get into trouble. Now I just have to try and behave myself."
"I might look like a tough chick - and I am - but I'm also a hopeless romantic inside."
"Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be."
"I'd like to be a little more hard-rocking on my next album. But I hate the whole label thing."...


2 comments:

blinkgurl said...

hey kewl post... she's 1 of ma fav singer tooo....

ibthisaam said...

blinkgurl hehe iboo ge ves hama vavorit singer :D iboo ah vara salhi Avril Lavigne gurl friend and Complicated .. ooops princess faina vara salhi ingey thi post :D